Well, I'm afraid other than the videos, this is all I have to show for the Country Club's 24 hour swim party! Seth and I zipped back from Youth Conference, just in time for the start of the awards ceremony. Needless to say, I wasn't very focused! It's sad that another swim team season is over. We hope we are back next year, but who knows. A lot can happen in a year. It was a great night, however, complete with the annual sawdust scramble. A mad grab for any token in the sawdust could result in winning a sweet prize, such as...an iPod, Nano, $100, massages, and other awesome prizes. I am never very good in the scramble, however, this year, I was somewhat victorious, I came out with a tootsie roll!! Seth won a water gun. The party is an all nighter on the deck of the pool. Seth and the kids played Toypedo Madness until well after midnight, and the majority of the kids finally quieted down sometime around 4am. Or at least that's when I passed the point of consciousness and just passed out! We'll miss the kids, and judging by the cute thank you notes Seth got, I think they will miss him too!! For serious entertainment, check out the Sawdust Madness videos :)
August 4, 2007
24 Hour Swim!
Well, I'm afraid other than the videos, this is all I have to show for the Country Club's 24 hour swim party! Seth and I zipped back from Youth Conference, just in time for the start of the awards ceremony. Needless to say, I wasn't very focused! It's sad that another swim team season is over. We hope we are back next year, but who knows. A lot can happen in a year. It was a great night, however, complete with the annual sawdust scramble. A mad grab for any token in the sawdust could result in winning a sweet prize, such as...an iPod, Nano, $100, massages, and other awesome prizes. I am never very good in the scramble, however, this year, I was somewhat victorious, I came out with a tootsie roll!! Seth won a water gun. The party is an all nighter on the deck of the pool. Seth and the kids played Toypedo Madness until well after midnight, and the majority of the kids finally quieted down sometime around 4am. Or at least that's when I passed the point of consciousness and just passed out! We'll miss the kids, and judging by the cute thank you notes Seth got, I think they will miss him too!! For serious entertainment, check out the Sawdust Madness videos :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment