December 26, 2007

Dougie Elder!


Today was awesome! We spent the morning driving around northern Maryland giving Ashley the grand tour. I hoped Doug would be calling, but the majority of the morning we were out of cell service. By afternoon I had pretty much given up hope. I called Mom to see if she had talked to him, and find out how he was doing. While on the phone with her I had an incoming call from a number I didn't recognize. I quickly got off the phone with Mom and answered. "Hey Ger" YES! Doug was at the Atlanta airport waiting for his flight to take him to Prague and then on to Budapest. I was beyond excited that he called. We talked about the MTC, his excitement/nervousness with being in Hungary, and all the other good stuff brothers and sisters talk about. He bore his testimony of the gospel to me in Hungarian and laughed when I didn't catch the "amen" at the end, and instead waited patiently for what I thought was him pausing, trying to remember a word. I asked him about stories from the MTC and he told me about "Blue Snot" I laughed so hard. I will have to share that story on his blog when the pictures come. We talked for quite a while, but then we both remembered he still needed to call Karen and Kellie and he didn't have too much time before they boarded. (I'm sure the only reason I got first call was because I'm alphabetically first, or he was going youngest to oldest, I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with favoritism! ;) Just teasing. It was so good to hear his voice, and of course, after I hung up I wished I could talk to him again. I am so proud of him and the decision he had made. Everyone keeps saying how dark, dreary and cold Hungary is, but I can't imagine anything but sunshine with Doug around. Rock on little brother!

No comments: