This year was Christmas at the Halsey's. We were small in numbers with Laura and Ryan on missions, but we still had a great time. Byron and Ashley flew in from Illinois and we drove down to spend some time with Seth's folks. The weather was beautiful, sunny and warm. We played some games outside and prepared for Christmas inside. Mary was hard at work baking pies, pies and more pies! I have never made a pie before, so she let me assist a bit. We made apple, cherry, pecan, pumpkin and banana cream. Pies!
As things settled down it was time for the Christmas program. But first, a fire! Seth loves fire, he, Byron and Mark went to work to build us a nice fire in the fireplace. After several attempts, and close to 45 minutes we had quite the fire going. Obviously they are Eagle Scouts, getting a fire going so quickly!
This picture doesn't give the fire justice!
Joan assigned the parts and we act out the nativity. Seth and I passed the roles of Mary and Joseph on to the newest couple and we took the roles of the angel and a wiseman. All went well and afterwards we treated ourselves to watching A Christmas Story.
Shepherd #1 (Mary), Shepherd #2 (My Buddy), Wiseman #1 (Mark), Angel (Geri), Wiseman #2 (Seth), Shepherd/Innkeeper (Joanie), Mary (Ashley) and Joseph (Byron)
Joan assigned the parts and we act out the nativity. Seth and I passed the roles of Mary and Joseph on to the newest couple and we took the roles of the angel and a wiseman. All went well and afterwards we treated ourselves to watching A Christmas Story.
1 comment:
I love that one of the wisemen was my buddy... I didn't even know they still made those! AWESOME!
Post a Comment