January 8, 2008

Like, OhMyGosh!


Sometime last fall I remember being stunned by the news reports on TV. Normal, kind, loving Moms were turning into wild-eyed, frenzied beasts, why? Hannah Montana tickets, of course. Who's that? I was baffled as I learned that tickets for this Hannah character were going for hundreds if not a thousand dollars, not to mention the show was sold out in minutes...make that both shows, as they scheduled a second show. Maybe I'd been living under a rock, but who was this chic?
Fast forward to the last month or so. I overhear Seth's cousin, Lindsay, talking about this Hannah-girl. What? Someone who can tell me about her! I grill Lindsay (she's 12, prime age for Hannah Montana info). Finally, I learn that she's a girl on TV, Lindsay explains more about her, and I sort of begin to understand this phenomenon. Although, I must admit sitting through one episode is a little much for me. Lindsay and I are so excited!

Well, Lindsay's mom had given her tickets to the Hannah Montana concert, here in Baltimore. The wild group of girls escorting Lindsay included, Aunt Susan, Grandma, Lindsay and Emma (Lindsay's 3 year old sister). I got a call a few days ago, and it was Aunt Susan, after some consideration, they decided that it would probably be best if Emma didn't go, and who better to take the ticket than the coolest cousin ever? Me! (Okay, so I added that last little bit in). Emma still doesn't know she missed the concert...it's best that way!
So, off to the concert we go. Wow. I have been to many concerts in my life, country, rock, punk, alternative, you name it, I thought I'd been...until this. I have never seen so many girls 6-16 in my life. We found our seats and Lindsay and I went to get drinks. We were standing in line amongst wild, screaming girls, frenzied mothers and desperate looking dads. The opening band started to play, Lindsay gave me the puppy dog look, and I assured her I could handle the drinks on my own. She was gone before I had finished the sentence. After she left, I looked around and quickly discovered which group I belonged in. It was me and the dads left in line.
The concert was actually a lot of fun. The Jonas Brothers opened (another band I had never heard of) they were pretty fun. Hannay Montana came out and sang a lot and then she went and changed and came back as Miley Cyrus and finished the concert. Like most concerts everyone was screaming and yelling, but for some reason the screams and squeals of pre-teen girls has left me with a constant buzz in my ear. Ah the fun. I seriously did have a fun time, even if I couldn't sing a long to all the songs and break into tears at the sight of Hannah. Like, OhMyGosh could it have been better?The Jonas Brothers

Ahhhh! It's Hannah..no wait, it's Miley! Ahhhh!

1 comment:

karen said...

Have you been living under a rock? Just kidding. I was totally confused about the Hannah/Miley thing until several weeks ago - I realized they are one and the same. It's insanity! Madison is not allowed ot be involved in things like that. :)