My 8-ish days in the presence of mountains was wonderful, busy and awesome! For 8 wonderous days I was oriented when I was in the car, I didn't have to pull out a map, and if a wrong turn was made I could simply go around the block (an actual square block!) and continue on my way. Amazing!
As it was a whirlwind trip, here is the whirlwind recap.
- Hair- lots and lots of hair. From 8:30 am to 11 pm the hair was cut, colored, styled and hot! Yippee for catching up with everyone on Hair Day. I apologize to those who missed out on a Geri-special, not enough time this trip! (Especially you, Dad, I hope your ears are visible to the light sooner than later)
Drew LOVES having his hair done- not quite
- Studio 9 - I miss you. Apparently you miss me too!! If it were possible to commute each week, I might actually consider it. Nah, I love my new salon out here!
- Meet for Lunch? Dinner? Done! - Good food, good friends. I love when the two come together! Nothing says friendship like making a Cafe Rio salad last through three hours of catching up! Thanks to those that took the time to graze with me, good times were had by me, hopefully by you too! I don't have pics with all of my fellow-eaters. Sorry Sam and Peter, Mom and Dad and the sistahs.
Eric and Chipotle - two of Seth's favorite things!
- Girls Gone Wild! (Uh, not THAT wild!) - Super Sisters' Saturday, I'm glad I didn't miss out! The Ladies got together and went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and exchanged some wild, tacky, scandalous "pink" elephant gifts. Good times! All I can say is edible, furry and polk-a-dots!
- The Royal Dentist - I put up a good fight with the dentist, but he won out and I received another crown. Dumb broken tooth! (Who breaks their tooth eating KFC?) Not only did he make me get a crown, but he cut short a soon-to-be mentioned perfect skiing day! Rude! As I now have the royal jewels in my mouth, I would like it if all you common-folk referred to me as Queen. Thank you.
- The Bronco lives! - A bitter/sweet moment on I-215 when the ol' girl was spotted. I know for a fact it's our baby, her bumper smiles where I bent it 4-wheeling once. It was nice to see she's being driven, sad to see she isn't being driven by a Halsey.
She's Alive! Our Baby!
- Ski Utah! Why, I think I will! - It took a bit of convincing, and little-sister nagging, but I managed to talk Karen and Kellie into going up to Alta for some sweet skiing. Karen was a bit nervous, she is a snowboarder, and her last experience on skiis at Alta, well...anyway, she did awesome! (Who can beat "ski free after 3"). I "heart" Alta.
Alta Ski Bunnies!
- Wait, Ski Utah! Again! - Alta was so great we talked about going up the next day. (This time it didn't require little-sister nagging.) Kellie was convinced, then when Peter (of the Sam and Peter variety) offered us some passes to Deer Valley, we couldn't refuse! (We also couldn't quit grinning!) Karen couldn't make it, but Kellie and I enjoyed an amazing blue-bird day at Deer Valley. I have nothing against snowboarding, in fact I have gone and quite like it, but there is something awesome about skiing at two resorts that are for skiiers only. Love it. Why not have a boarders only resort? Just curious! Thank you Peter!!! (The day would have been perfect if I hadn't had to bail early for the aforementioned dentist.)
- Pain! The trip was not out it's aches and pains. My back was furious for standing and doing hair all day, my shoulder was also not pleased. To even out the pain, my lower half was not pleased with the skiing. It's been a while, and it's best I don't think about the "old days" when I was a fearless, kamikaze, double diamond, season-pass holder. I see that the days of skiing Ninety-Nine Ninety at the Canyons are behind me. To be safe, we stuck to the blues and my legs were still shaking! Did I mentioned the only fall I had was when I was on the flat. D'oh! Kellie just stood there and laughed. Ouch.
- Sunny Sunday - I couldn't possibly be in town and not go to our old ward. Seth and I have some extremely fond memories of that ward. I just can't get over how genuine everyone is. Miss you!
- Roomies Reunion - I love "the girls". They love me, even though I was an hour late! (Oops!) I love getting together with the girls, there are so many funny memories and it's fun to just laugh. I love all of them, even the ones that couldn't make it. (It's not expected when you don't live in the "valley".) But thanks to Steph for calling me while she was at the airport in SLC, for thirty precious minutes we were in the same state!
Roomies!
- Mom & Dad - I sure like you two! Mom and Dad "fit me in" to their busy schedule somewhere between playing cards with the neighbors, going to dinner and more playing cards with the neighbors there was lots of room for me! It was nice to just hang out at their house and not have to think at all. I am content to be in a mindless state once in a while!
- Family Dinner at the Gaufin's - nothing beats Mom's tasty food and funny themed dinners. I spent some much needed play-time with the nephews. I had to reinstate my position as favorite Aunt. I taught them the importance of "big trucks" (hopefully they'll be driving a Bronco one day) and I taught them how to fly on my feet. Good times!
Drew really liked the spinning!
The trip was awesome. It was a reminder of how great our friends and family are. We couldn't make it in Maryland without your support, thank you!
3 comments:
I've been waiting for the SLC blog update...love it! Fun pictures Ger. That's so funny you saw the Bronco....that's awesome. Good to see ya Ger!!! Tell Seth hello for us!
geri, it was great to see you!!!!! bring seth next time. we'll all hold hands.
So good to see ya Ger! Thanks so much for doin' the hair and playing with us! Keep us up to date on all the Maryland happenings :) Love ya!
Post a Comment