Tonight a few of us from the salon got together to bid farewell to our favorite shampoo girl, Jamie. (Lame for leaving us). Well, as we ordered it became quite clear to the other girls that I had never really had crabs before. (Apparently crab cakes and crab dip aren't quite the same).
I thought I was good to go, until the waiter brought out the crabs. Um, they were LOOKING at me, with their little beady eyes. And suddenly I had images of Deadliest Catch running through my mind (not that these crabs could really be considered deadly), and then I thought of the nasty story Kellie told me about crabs (trust me, you don't want to know), last of all the thought of eating an "ocean spider" was all but stomach turning.
Apparently I had a rather frightened look on my face, the girls assured me I did not need to face the crab unarmed. They handed over a mallet and a forkey-knife-scraper thing and Debra gave me some step by step instructions and I was ready!


Apparently I had a rather frightened look on my face, the girls assured me I did not need to face the crab unarmed. They handed over a mallet and a forkey-knife-scraper thing and Debra gave me some step by step instructions and I was ready!
(Honestly, I think I'll stick to seafood that I don't have to tear apart...I can't get over the spider similarities!)
1 comment:
You know what you just ate. I will leave it at that. I CAN'T do it anymore. And the story I told you, took place in the Chesapeake Bay...nuf said.
Post a Comment