The little phrase we share. I am unsure of the roots of our little phrase, but somewhere along the line Doug and I picked it up. It wasn't just a phrase, but also a bit of hand gestures as well. Which worked perfectly when we're too far to say it, we can just mouth the words and do the coordinating gestures. For some lame reason, that possibly only siblings can share, this would set us off into fits of laughter.My entire life, Mom and Dad ALWAYS sat by each other in church, the kids never sat between them. Because of our little phrase (which by no means is inappropriate), we were the first and only Gaufin children to be separated by the parents during church. We weren't little, nah, I was in high school. Occasionally this phrase has been known to cause Doug to be stricken with his spontaneous nose bleeds and leave me in tears. (Made even funnier when it's happening during church) It's always good for a laugh, and the only sentimental value it holds is the ability to make both of us double over in a wicked case of giggles.
In the excitement of talking to Doug at Christmas, I somehow failed to remember to share our phrase. He called this morning, and although it definitely lacked (it always works better with the hand motions) it was great to hear Dougie say it. Thanks for the opportunity to share a laugh Doug, it was great talking to you. Hungary seems to be treating you well, and I'm sure it's getting a kick out of you. Rock on little Elder, rock on.
(I tried to spell out our little phrase, but it lost something in the typing. If it matters that much to you, you'll have to ask me in person to share...sorry!)
No comments:
Post a Comment