Friday, Seth and I had the opportunity to go up to Rock State Park and help out"chaperoning" the 14-18 years olds from church at the Stake Youth Conference. We had an awesome time, Seth was in charge of documenting, and I was in charge of having fun! (Easy enough for both of us!)
Our kids come from all over our county as well as Baltimore city, they are incredible! My sweet moves were put to shame by their mad skills. I guess I'll keep the Electric Slide to myself next time!

Our kids come from all over our county as well as Baltimore city, they are incredible! My sweet moves were put to shame by their mad skills. I guess I'll keep the Electric Slide to myself next time!
Brad, we really appreciate you "choosing" to come so Seth had someone to talk to :)
Tonight we went back up to the Conference for the closing meeting. All I can say is Wow. The kids are incredible. The kids shared experiences and testimonies that were so touching and special. I am impressed by their ability to face the challenges in their lives with such faith and determination. These are kids who are the only Mormons at their schools, and must not only defend their values but also answer the tough questions about our religion. I am just so amazed by all of them. I wish I could carry that feeling with me everywhere I go.
If I could I would tell the kids that shared their feelings, Thank You. I needed to hear what you had to say.
Tonight we went back up to the Conference for the closing meeting. All I can say is Wow. The kids are incredible. The kids shared experiences and testimonies that were so touching and special. I am impressed by their ability to face the challenges in their lives with such faith and determination. These are kids who are the only Mormons at their schools, and must not only defend their values but also answer the tough questions about our religion. I am just so amazed by all of them. I wish I could carry that feeling with me everywhere I go.
If I could I would tell the kids that shared their feelings, Thank You. I needed to hear what you had to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment