June 30, 2008

Buy Me Some Peanuts and Craaaacker Jacks!

Ah, yes Mormon Night at Camden Yards.
You would have thought I was joking, if I didn't have the ticket to prove it!

Hey Look! It's Uncle Craig. He must be famous.
Being the smart baseball people we are, we decided to bail on our "sweet" seats and head down close to the action. It was in these new seats that Seth heroically saved my skull from a not one, but two flyballs. Unfortunately, although I saw it as an act of love, the entire ward sitting behind us saw it more as Seth's lack of nimble hands (uh...he didn't catch either ball.) In his defense, he had his camera in his left hand (catching hand) and didn't have a mitt in his right. So, hey. In all honesty, as the purchaser of that particular camera, I am grateful he didn't sacrifice it to catch the ball! :)
The game was a ton of fun, all eleven innings, pouring rain and losing by one run. We'll definitely go again.

2 comments:

Britt said...

WOOHOO! I love mormon night at Camden yards! I miss those darn baseball games! It looks like you guys had a good time!

Ashley Halsey said...

My lifelong dream is to catch a foul ball. The closest one has ever come to me was three sections away.