Ah, the joys of a 1990 Corolla. Seth called me on the way home from work, and I could tell something had happened, he told me the following events of his morning:
I was driving to work (5:30 am), I'd passed the gate, so I was already on base. I looked down for a second to adjust the air conditioning, when I looked up I saw a deer run right in front of the car. I thought, "phew, that was close," just as quickly I thought, "wait a minute, deers usually come in twos or threes." Right as that thought crossed my mind WHAM!! Bambi ran right into my front, driver side. Her little head flopped up on the windshield, and she kind of rolled off the side of the car, taking our driver-side mirror with her. It took me a minute before I could get turned around, to go back and retrieve our mirror. By the time I got back there was a lady pulled over, you know, one of those animal-lovers crying and making a scene by her car. As I walked towards the deer, a burly man in a truck pulled up and started walking towards Bambi as well. I bent down to pick up my mirror and he reached down and grabbed the deer by the leg and hauled her off. Just as I got back in the car, I saw the guy start sawing away.
Well, that makes for adventure. Not even a dent on the Corolla! No guts, hair or Bambi bits. Although, it is a bit inconvenient. As anyone who has ridden in our car knows, 1990 Corollas do not come with a passenger side mirror, so we are now mirror-less on the exterior. Eh, I figure it makes us more aerodynamic, thus improving our already incredible gas mileage. Just another reason to love the Corolla.
And for emphasis- Seth did not hit the deer, the deer hit Seth.
3 comments:
That's probably one of the best stories I've heard today! What an experience!!!
That is awesome! I love that the Corolla lived unharmed! It is a true champ!
we've had two different deer episodes this year alone! The first time the deer hit us and the second we hit the deer. I shouldn't say we though, it was my husband both times!
Those animal lovers can start paying my repair bills.
Post a Comment