It has taken me a few weeks to talk Seth into taking pictures of his medal. A few weeks ago, the 2-star General over Army Research and Development (what Seth does), made an official visit to see a demonstration (aka stuff blowing up). A General's visit is a rare event, and one that involves a lot of ceremonial broo-haha. He was so impressed with what he saw, and the work being done, that he gave out medals to the engineers and researchers involved. Seth received a medal, as his photography plays an important (extremely important) role in documenting/researching the work that they do.
Getting a medal from a general is a really big deal, and very few people are actually given a medal. Being as humble as Seth is, he of course barely even showed it to me. It took a little prying to find out the significance and I really am so proud of him. It's kind of cool to know that your job actually makes a difference! So, since we can't tape this to the fridge, I'll have to brag about Seth on the blog instead!

Getting a medal from a general is a really big deal, and very few people are actually given a medal. Being as humble as Seth is, he of course barely even showed it to me. It took a little prying to find out the significance and I really am so proud of him. It's kind of cool to know that your job actually makes a difference! So, since we can't tape this to the fridge, I'll have to brag about Seth on the blog instead!
3 comments:
That is really awesome! Congratulations Seth!!!
I miss you two.
Joe P! You do exist! We feared you'd fallen off a cliff in the vast wilderness, and were lost!
Post a Comment