Look who came to visit!! My Mom & Dad! I was so excited to see them at the airport Thursday afternoon.We spent the afternoon catching up and enjoying each others company, we woke up Friday morning and the weather report said "100% chance of rain". Dad's home improvement fingers were itching to help Seth with the floors, so they spent the majority of the day installing our bamboo. (It quickly became clear that Dad makes a more efficient partner than me!) They flew through the living and dining rooms. And I think Seth and I both felt a little less overwhelmed by our undertaking.

Saturday had a "slight chance of rain" so we headed down to Annapolis. We started out at the Naval Academy (where we remained dry for about three minutes) and then the rain hit! We dashed for shelter in the gazebo across from the chapel (which was closed for a wedding). We tried to wait out the rain, but the rain appeared to be winning, so we made another mad dash to another building and had a little bite to eat. We were soaked, but in good spirits.
We headed into town, to walk around and visit the shops. The rain resumed it's downpour status, and we bought an umbrella and continued our sightseeing! We had a great time, I think it's safe to say the rain didn't stop us at all! Annapolis is one of my favorite places in Maryland. I love it!
Sunday we packed a picnic and headed down to the boardwalk, we walked all around and even stopped by the Decoy Museum. Duck anyone? We also discovered that Mom is not used to all the trees in Maryland. We caught her staring at a sign, then aloud she said, "What kind of Museum is that? U.S.E.U.M?" I refrained from laughing and said, "uh Mom, that's 'museum', there's a branch covering the first 'm'." He he he. So, if you are in town, you are welcome to join us at the U.S.E.U.M Museum :) (Sorry Mom, it still makes me laugh!)
Monday morning Seth was back to work. Being put in charge of entertainment, I went the easy route...gardens! Mom and Dad love gardening. We headed up to Pennsylvania to visit Longwood Gardens. Um, super cool! We walked here, we walked there, we walked around that tree, and past that flower. It was amazing, tons of pretty flowers, plants, trees, gardens and more! They even have treehouses! That's where I found my dragon friend. If you are anywhere near Pennsylvania, I highly recommend this place, I hear it's amazing at Christmas time, Seth and I will be back!
To end our wonderful week, we headed to dinner right on the bay. We insisted that Mom and Dad try some crab cakes, you can't come to Maryland without eating crab. I think they even liked it! We had such an awesome time!
We had a great time with the parents. They took excellent care of Seth and I while they were here. They put up with my constant puking and nausea (thankfully they are patient and understanding!) They also managed the rain very nicely, I'm surprised their feet weren't webbed when they left! We greatly appreciate the help with the floors and the good times!
I don't think I realized how much I miss Mom & Dad until I dropped them off at the airport and as I watched them walk away the tears started! (Okay, slightly sappy, but seriously...I am a little emotional right now!)
Thanks Mom & Dad for coming to visit- can't wait to see you at Christmas!
Driving out of Annapolis- after walking in the torrential downpour!
If you want to see even more soggy pics, click here for the album, or just visit the "Mom & Dad album" on the sidebar!

Sunday we packed a picnic and headed down to the boardwalk, we walked all around and even stopped by the Decoy Museum. Duck anyone? We also discovered that Mom is not used to all the trees in Maryland. We caught her staring at a sign, then aloud she said, "What kind of Museum is that? U.S.E.U.M?" I refrained from laughing and said, "uh Mom, that's 'museum', there's a branch covering the first 'm'." He he he. So, if you are in town, you are welcome to join us at the U.S.E.U.M Museum :) (Sorry Mom, it still makes me laugh!)
We had a great time with the parents. They took excellent care of Seth and I while they were here. They put up with my constant puking and nausea (thankfully they are patient and understanding!) They also managed the rain very nicely, I'm surprised their feet weren't webbed when they left! We greatly appreciate the help with the floors and the good times!
I don't think I realized how much I miss Mom & Dad until I dropped them off at the airport and as I watched them walk away the tears started! (Okay, slightly sappy, but seriously...I am a little emotional right now!)
Thanks Mom & Dad for coming to visit- can't wait to see you at Christmas!
Driving out of Annapolis- after walking in the torrential downpour!
If you want to see even more soggy pics, click here for the album, or just visit the "Mom & Dad album" on the sidebar!
No comments:
Post a Comment