December 25, 2008

A WHITE Christmas!

Seth and I decided it would be a great idea to fly home on Christmas Eve, we prepped ourselves for the worst at the airport, but were pleasantly surprised to see no lines! Fabulous! We had a pretty uneventful flight, minus the part where I puked after we landed...ah details... We were supposed to be meeting Dad, but apparently he had picked up a few fan club members on his way to the airport, we were greeted with a three year old sprinting towards us, through the airport yelling, "Unca Seff! Aunt Gewi!" Ah, Drew. We scooped him up and he hugged us for the next ten minutes! Love that kid. He didn't disappoint, he immediately asked Seth, "ya okay, Unca Seff?" (This is our favorite phrase of his.)

We headed down to Orem to settle into our Christmas digs. The sisters and their fams came down soon after and we enjoyed a seriously tasty fondue dinner. (It's possible it helped that Mom was a little generous with the cooking wine in the sauce!) Hehehe. We had a great time visiting with the fam before they headed home, Seth and I tucked ourselves in, in anticipation of Santa.
We were exhausted by 6pm- definitely from a different time zone!

Seth and I were still on East Coast time, so we were up around 2:30 (yes, at home we do wake up around 4:30 normally). So, we laid in bed for a while, but by 5 am we were tired of just laying there, we got out of bed and discovered it had SNOWED! We bundled up and went for a walk around the neighborhood, it was so beautiful. We got home, and decided we'd give Dad the day off and we got out the shovels and took care of his walks and driveway. It was so much fun!! I have desperately missed the snow!
How much do I love the snow??? SOOO much!

Mom and Dad were finally rolling out of bed around 6, so we gathered around and waited for the conference call with Elder Dougie in Hungary. He's just fabulous. I can't believe he's been out over a year, and I am most definitely counting down the months until his return. How cool is he?? It was awesome talking to the kid.

We opened some gifts with Mom and Dad, and then prepared for the Gaufin Christmas Breakfast. It wasn't as big as usual, due to arranging around Doug's call, but the sisters and their fams were there and that's what matters. Who doesn't love waffles with strawberries and whipped cream? Tasty!
Christmas morning, NEVER gets old!

Seth and I had a good time giving to each other. Always fun to see what we come up with!

Kellie made us the most incredible calendar, we just need to find an easel to put it on!

Phew! That was a full meal, my stomach is nearly exploding, oh wait... I was just excited to have a meal stay where it belongs!

Christmas was wonderful this year, it was so nice to just relax and hang out with the family. I love that we like hanging out together. Time with my family...exactly what I wanted for Christmas, Santa did deliver!!

No comments: