
Kellie, Karen and I wanted to continue our sister-bonding and made plans to hang out Saturday night. We were driving up to SLC and the sisters were forcing me to make a decision.
(Apparently my indecisiveness leads to decisions being made for me and me being unhappy with the outcome, but lacking the oomph needed to say what I want!) I was bummed that the new Draper Temple open house would start a few days after I left Utah, so I asked if we could just drive by the temple and let me take a picture. Nerdy, I know. Well...we drive up to it and we saw signs out for "open house parking" and men directing traffic in the parking lot. We all gave each other the look, and decided to try for it! We figured we would just ask someone what was going on, and see if it really was a pre-open house. They waved us right into a parking spot, and then we wandered over to the chapel. No one was stopping us, no one seemed to be checking a guest list, or showing invitations. Instead everyone was smiling and welcoming us. They directed us here and there, and finally we had a chance to admit we were "crashing the party, uninvited". That seemed to be okay! The temple wasn't officially open, but they were allowing people to do self-guided tours. AWESOME! So, the three of us were able to walk through the new temple, it was amazing, the majority of the time we were walking through all by ourselves, it was a very reverent, peaceful way of going to a temple open house. Occasionally someone would have us stop for a few minutes, while a General Authority or other VIP went through. It was incredible. What a beautiful, special building.
Beautiful temple, freezing girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment