June 16, 2009

Hazel Highlights - Month 3

I learned a lot of things this month...
  • HANDS! I have them. They can reach, grab and grip. Sometimes I grab on tight to my own hands and then I kinda panic when I can't let go, I'll have to work on that.
  • I have a Grandpa G! He must think I'm special, he made a special trip with Grandma G to come see me.
  • Grandma G is funny. She giggles when I laugh at her.
  • This playmat is the COOLEST!
  • Sleep is good. I don't know why my parents didn't tell me how cool it is to sleep all night, I totally would have started earlier. Instead of waiting until a week or two ago.
  • Mom and Dad are happy when I'm happy. I thought they liked it when I cried, but apparently they like it even better when I just smile and laugh when I'm awake.
  • Dad blessed me, it was a very special day, I felt very important and everybody made a big fuss over me.
  • Important lesson...when the parents put me in my stroller to watch them work on the garden, I shouldn't complain, otherwise they'll make me get out and weed.
  • Mom runs. I had no idea, but now we go a lot. I like the way the wind feels in my three hairs when we cruise along.
  • I think I sit up really well, but I heard Mom tell Dad that I kind of look like a "bobblehead"...what's a bobblehead?
  • I like to be swaddled up like a worm.
  • I don't like when I de-swaddle myself.
  • Guess what? It's not a bad thing to wake up on my stomach. Each time I did it last week it scared me, but this week when I woke up there I realized just how comfy it was. Don't know why Mom still insists on putting me to sleep on my back, the tummy's where it's at!
  • So, I know people kept worrying about my weight (I told you not to worry)...well, just to put your fears at ease, while Dad was at the doctor's I asked them to weigh me, and guess what?! You don't need to worry, I'm a good gainer.
  • No, really...I wasn't kidding when I said I don't like to be de-swaddled!
  • I like baseball, especially the O's. They must like me, I got a "First Game Certificate," just for showing up!
  • There is a right way...and a wrong way to sit in the swing.
  • BBQs are awesome on Memorial Day, especially when it means I get to hang out with Grandma H.
  • I like that no matter how much I grow, I know I'm still Mom and Dad's little Peach Pit

6 comments:

Jen Hamner said...

Are you serious?! Has it really been 3 months! Goodness! Love it! Kennedi loved being swaddled too. I can't belive how big she is. It just goes by too fast!

Ashley said...

She is getting so big! And more adorable by the day! Love her...even from far away :)

karen said...

Happy 3 month!! Wait till Hazel finds out about her Aunt Karen! Oh, Hazel looks like a little rag doll in the picture where you are holding her and she is sleeping. She's so cute!!

Kristen said...

How incredibly fun! We love following your blog! Congrats on a beautiful girl and such a happy family. :)

Jules said...

she is so cute!

derek and kimber said...

GERI SHE IS SO STINKING CUTE!! :-)