April 4, 2010

Hippety Hop

What a wonderful weekend!  This is the first time in several years that I have been able to listen to both sessions of General Conference on Saturday.  Typically I work Saturdays (yea for not doing that anymore!) I just felt so uplifted and amazed at the end of the day.  I am so grateful that although I don't live somewhere that broadcasts Conference on TV, I can still watch it from home - thank you computers, thank you technology!  

Seth and I started to work on some house-projects I'd like to have finished, um, last week?  Oh well, we started to paint Hazel's bathroom (before and after pics will have to come after our trip to Utah, it's not getting finished before!).  

Sunday morning the Easter Bunny must have broken in, because we came down to boxes (yes, boxes, not baskets...I really wanted them, uh Hazel needed them in her room, and they're cute! )
Hazel's face pretty much summed up what we were all thinking...this is early!
I thought I'd be such a smart mom and buy the "edible grass"  BLEH!  It tastes worse than the regular grass.   I thought Hazel would dive into her box and go nuts with the grass, yeah, not so much!
Hazel was getting pretty jealous of all the tutus I was making for her friends, good thing the Easter Bunny knows how to make a tutu!
We continued our "relaxing" theme for the weekend, and just hung out the rest of the day.  We had a tasty BBQ for Easter dinner and I made some amazing bread...yes, amazing.  Seth ate the entire loaf at dinner.  Mmmmm.

2 comments:

karen said...

i like hazel's crown. happy easter! (we left our baskets at the grandparents on saturday after the easter egg hunt. our "baskets" were plates this year.)

Ashley said...

Love the boxes! Good thing Hazel really wanted them! ;)