April 11, 2010

In My Mind,

I'm going to Carolina...

Seth was hired to photograph a wedding in North Carolina and asked if I'd like to come along.  Hazel said she'd rather hang out with Grandpa and Grandma, deal. 

It was such a fun, little weekend trip.  When we were in college we saw a show about some towns in North Carolina and always talked about moving there, even though we'd never actually been there.  We were excited for a chance to finally see if it met our expectations. 

We headed to Greensboro and had a fun time exploring the city and surrounding areas.  We wandered around and eventually found ourselves at a Greensboro Grasshoppers game.  Oh, how I love minor, minor, minor league baseball!

Guilford the Grasshopper and his buddy Babe Ruth (the "bat-dog" - yes, he retrieved the bats)

Not bad, for buying tickets 5 minutes before the game started.
Seth had to work Saturday afternoon/evening, so we spent the morning hitting up some boutiques and then had a tasty picnic in one of the many parks.   
Seth headed off to do his photographer-thing and I did a little shopping and then settled down with a book and loved every second of my quiet time. 

It was so nice, but by Sunday we were ready to have our little Hazel back and be home. 
As we drove home, I told Seth (and I quote) North Carolina is beautiful, we would have been okay if we had moved here.  But, I really love Maryland, it's amazing, the trees, the water, our friends, our house, I don't even hate the twenty-minute drive into "town", (it probably helps that there is a Target 5 minutes from our house). 
Seeing as Seth loves his job and I love our house, we are not moving anytime soon.
Seth looked very relieved with my love for our home.

Then we passed a billboard, just outside of Greensboro, that said:
New Homes from the $110 -140s!
What?! Seriously?
Seth locked me in and kept driving.

1 comment:

Family Scads said...

Did you know that John lives in Greensboro? How weird that you were there visiting! Looks like you had a great time. Love the pics. Have lots and lots of fun in Cali!