Seth's brother, Ryan, is a H.U.G.E. NASCAR fan. He convinced us that we all needed to head up to Dover Downs and watch the men-folk race on the Monster Mile. I had no idea what to expect...it was awesome? hilarious? an experience?
Being an avid (um, freakish) fan, Ryan insisted we get there early, good thing we did...we hit up all the freebies, the drivers and sponsors tents and people watching to the max!
I have never seen so many grown men concerned about tan lines, I guess the goal is to roll up your cut off jean shorts as high as possible, and don't forget your sleeves, too!
Boys will be boys. Ryan was pretty impressed that Seth gets to hang out with these fancy-tanky-but-not-tank trucks at work.
We were excited to see Ryan's favorite driver (Bobby Labonte) and even more excited when the actual race finally started!
Line 'em up! Time to introduce the drivers...
It was 200 laps of mayhem, revving engines and a few crashes, it was too much excitement for some of us!
Mom H. Joan. Laura
(yes, Mom's shirt says "I [heart] Bobby" (a sweet present to Ryan from me and Seth))
Kyle Busch won, apparently he's pretty stinkin' good. Which apparently means that everyone hates Kyle Busch. (Except me, thanks to him I am number ONE in our fantasy nascar league!)
A few extra pics...
A few extra pics...
No comments:
Post a Comment