July 18, 2010

ballerina.boston.buddies.

"Whirlwind Weekend"

That's what this weekend should have been called.

We headed up e.a.r.l.y Friday morning and before I knew it I was scooped up in a ballerina, bone crusher hug. Oh, how I have missed my roommate of two years, Samantha. (and yes, "bone crusher" is an understatement, it still baffles me how someone so dainty can squeeze so hard!)

Sam and Peter were our awesome tour guides, and our weekend went something like this...

walk. king's chapel. gelato. ...on the history channel. freedom trail. wow. walk. paul revere. italian food. amazing. fountains. walk. uss constitution. quincy market. boston common. walk. cheers. boston massacre. thai food. they lived here? old north church. walk. faneuil hall.

...it was perfect.
hazel was dressed for some serious site-seeing
taking a quick break, oh, it was so hot and humid!
the u.s.s. constitution ("old ironsides")- definitely the highlight for seth
old north church (i think, we went in a lot of chapels!)...i was a fan of the "box seats"
this might look like a doorstep to you, but we call that a perfect changing table
sam caught hazel cruising in style (i'm not a bad parent- she really wanted her blanket, and we wanted to convince her to sleep...it didn't work)
hazel was a big fan of sam, how can you not be?

it got so hot, half-way through the day, we stripped hazel down and let her play in the fountain
not one nap for this girl, and she NEVER complained. she was spent by the time we got to our hotel
"um, bellboy- take me to my car"

The whole weekend was awesome. I adore Sam. She is the nicest, sweetest person- she and Peter were the greatest hosts. We hope we make it back to Boston before Sam finishes grad school.

For cooler pictures...


Thanks Sam and Peter!!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love Boston! It looks like you had a lot of fun there. We went in late August once and I remember it being ridiculously hot though. And I know I have said this a million times, but I love the tutu skirt! Girls are so much more fun to dress than boys! :)

Oh, and how do you add that slide show to your blog post, that's very cool!

karen said...

looks like you guys had such a great time. i hope you gave sam a hello and hug from me. :)