Every October, we see the signs for the 'Haunted Havre de Grace' tours, and say..."Gee, we should do that." And then November sneaks up and another year passes. This year I was determined.
I started out a little skeptical, in fact, the scariest part, in the beginning, was the creepy man who crashed our group and started spouting off random facts about our town.
Random.
However, as the night got darker the stories got spookier.
Like, for instance...there's a man buried under these stairs:
And this is an original hitching post, from the days of cobblestone roads, if you listen closely on a quiet night you can hear horse hooves nearby. I wouldn't lie about something as serious as spirit horse hooves.
Although, not creepy...it IS interesting...see the ring to the left of the window? That, my friends, marks a CANNONBALL from the War of 1812. There really is a cannonball in the wall. True story.
Curse you British for burning and pillaging our city! (I don't really know if there was much pillaging going on- but definitely burning, only three buildings survived.)Who knows if my facts are accurate, but we also learned about a headless man who roams the streets, he (well, his face) fell victim to yet another British cannonball. We learned of several haunted bakeries, bed and breakfasts, and other creepy tales. I had no idea you could have so much fun on a Saturday night!
My cousin joined us for our scary tour. They started telling us stories of grave robbers, who would steal the bodies for medical science - she was totally into that story. Med Students. They're a different breed!
1 comment:
remind me to show you the video of the haunted masonic temple in town. it's creepy. glad you had fun on yours!
Post a Comment