November 28, 2010

outer banks.nc

I'm in love.

Aunt S invited us to the Outer Banks for Thanksgiving this year.
We stayed at an a.m.a.z.i.n.g beach house in Avon, NC.
Did I mention a.m.a.z.i.n.g?

I'll say it again. I'm in love.

Who wouldn't want to spend Thanksgiving morning like this:
Sitting on the deck, staring at this:
Then, of course, we needed to spend a day or two sight-seeing...
Oh, not just seeing Hazel become a teenager, I meant the Wright Brothers Museum:
And Roanoke, the Lost Colony...where apparently the original settlers were apparently extremely small people, as they thought this little "fort" would protect them:
We drove (on the beach) to Cape Hatteras ...that water is wild...and windy!
We took a real-life ferry (I've never been on one in a car), to Ocracoke Isalnd and had a tasty lunch. I resisted telling all of my pirate jokes when I found out Blackbeard hung out in the area.
And what better way to celebrate a UTAH victory, then learning to play drums with cousin E (thank you ESPN for televising the last 5 minutes...we, on the East Coast, greatly appreciated it):
Did I mention it was the perfect place to just hang out?
And, of course, play a little more at the beach:
We'll be back...promise.

2 comments:

karen said...

gorgeous. sign me up.

Ashley said...

Hazel is getting so big! I would be totally up for spending Thanksgiving in such a beautiful place!