April 1, 2011

shower.surprise

Friday night, I was headed to a lovely "Mommies Night" - a night out without the kids.  
As a splurge, the plan was to do an actual dinner (mmmm...PF Changs), at dinner time, as opposed to the usual dessert/appetizers after kids go to bed.  

Imagine my surprise, when I walked into Leslie's house 
(here's a picture to help with the imagining):
To find a room full of my most favorite people jumping about, shouting "Surprise!"

For me?

A Surprise Baby Shower?

Let the tears flow (they flowed on the inside, I managed to keep some level of composure).

I was overwhelmed, and yes.  Very surprised.
The night was awesome, I can't believe how kind and wonderful my friends are!  

I wish I'd thought to take pictures (thanks Leslie, for donating these pictures), but let's be honest...I wasn't exactly prepared!  
(I'm just glad I was somewhat showered...literally...and had deodorant on).

The entire night was awesome, the food was d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s, there were name suggestions - some of my favorites:  Deck The (Halsey), Holly Jolly (Halsey),  Ballsey (Halsey).  

Baby was definitely spoiled.  Leslie even made cake bites that matched Baby's quilt.  And Nichole (who suggested the name Nicholas), made the tastiest chocolate dipped pretzels as party favors, that also matched and were beautiful...I loved them...I ate a bunch.  
(I meant to take a picture when I got home...I was hungry).

Two of the biggest highlights of the night: (as if it could have been any better) - My cousin, T, taking time from her crazy med-school life to join us and a gift flown in from Utah from my sis-in-law, Mollie.  
Seriously?  Completely overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness. (And the effort made to contact them). There were several times that night that I just wanted to sit down in a corner and cry.  
 I get homesick, from time to time.  But nights like this help me recognize that I am one blessed girl.  And I am so glad I live in Maryland with these awesome girlies.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to the sneaky friends. 
(I know Aunt Susan was just as sneaky and helpful too- thank you!)

2 comments:

karen said...

hello from your loser sister who totally and completely thought i had another week to get the present sent. let's just say that mom will come bearing gifts. i'm glad you have friends out their who spoil you!

Mollie said...

love you ger!