Shiver Me Tennies.
In the land of Mary - aka Maryland, it is a pain in the hiney to find races on Saturdays. So, imagine my delight when I discovered a 5K in our town, and not just any 5K, but a PIRATE 5K!!!
If you know me at all, you know my freakish love for any and all pirate jokes. If you really know me, and love me you have probably sent a pirate joke my way from time to time.
I convinced (it didn't take much convincing) Seth and my cousin to run it with me, as well as my friend Cathy and her gaggle of girls. I was determined to dress up, even if there hadn't really been any mention of dressing up in the race-talk. In fact, besides the guy with a parrot on his shoulder, I think we may have been the only ones rocking our pirate booties.
I had a time I hoped to beat, and a secret time that I really hoped to beat. I didn't dare say them out loud, for fear that I would jinx myself.
The race went pretty well, it was a bit hot (I'm used to running at 5am, and it started at 8am) - but other than that it was a lot of fun.
Oh, and about that time? I KILLED it. I not only beat the time I hoped to beat, but I beat the secret time I really hoped to beat by1:20, for a race of 25:40.
It's a personal best.
I was pretty excited. I was 9th out of 44 in my age division.


3 comments:
You're so awesome! And I think you were definitely right to dress up for a pirate race.
aaargh! i love it! i'm glad to know i am one of those who has sent pirate jokes your way. even if i laughed so hard leaving you the message on one of them that you couldn't understand a word i said. way to go on the time! super stellar!!!
This made me smile! I love you and your obsession with all-things pirate! :)
Post a Comment