We have known for a few months that August would be a whirlwind. I knew it would be best if we planned ahead, took our time and tried to eliminate the last-minute packing.
Then I got a "big idea" and that used up a fair amount of my free-time in July. (Said "big idea" will be revealed in a later post). And my plan-ahead mentality disappeared.
Before I knew it, it was Monday, the day before departure and I was n.o.t. ready.
I begged, pleaded, paid a girl from church to come watch the kids while I ran around the house cleaning, laundry-ing, packing, panick-ing.
Monday night I was spent. In our room were dozens of piles.
Little people clothes.
Big people clothes.
Diapers.
Burp cloths.
Camera gear.
Toiletries.
Plane entertainment.
Church clothes.
Running gear.
More burp cloths.
More clothes.
More.
More.
More.
And then I remembered.
Um, Seth? Remember that Groupon I bought back in February? You know, the one that will make digital copies of o.n.e t.h.o.u.s.a.n.d of our favorite film pictures? Uh, it expires while we are out of town. We need to mail it off TOMORROW.
And, um, Seth? Remember how I told my mom I would help her with the Grandma Camp shirts? Yeah, they need to be done for TOMORROW.
It was a late night.
Why not wait til Tuesday morning? I mean, we didn't need to leave for the airport until noon.
Oh, because a client in "dire-need" needed her hair done. (We all know those extensions could not wait three more weeks for me to return.) Tuesday was booked.
Tuesday started at 4:30am and went a little like this:
run 4.5 miles:shower:cut some hair:feed baby:wake up Hazel:run to the salon:extension-ize:race home:meet Seth at the house:feed baby:pack up the car:rush to the airport
What a sight we must have been at the airport.
4 large suitcases
1 stroller
2 car seats
1 camera bag (w/ tripods)
2 diaper bags (one gigantic)
1 car seat base
It's normally a three hour flight to Minneapolis, we broke it up into three one-hour flights to Minneapolis. Gotta love layovers.
Arriving in Minnesota I have never been so happy to see a rental car!




No comments:
Post a Comment