January 26, 2012

Growin'

Behold - The Growth Chart!

This bad boy has been t.h.r.e.e years in the making.

While pregnant with Hazel, I decided to make her a growth chart.  I looked all over online (pre-pinterest, mind you).  And finally found this one:
 (here)

I liked it, but wanted it in red to go with Hazel's room.  I figured I'd make it.  I ran out of time before Hazel's arrival, and well...the six months after her arrival are a big, fuzzy, blur. 

We had the wood and vinyl cut, but the growth chart became a benchwarmer.

Next thing I knew, we were expecting a second.  Well, of course, baby would need his own growth chart.  It got added to "the list".

Somewhere along the line, I decided to scratch the individual growth charts, and make a family one.  That idea floated around for several months and I finally drew up a "rough-ish draft".

...And a few more months passed... (is Hazel driving yet?)

A little more looking online, and a little fine-tuning inspiration:
(here)  

Finally, the stars aligned just right - at a baby shower, where the mom-to-be was given a very cute growth chart, it was discovered that another friend of mine wanted to make a growth chart, too.  A kindred-growth-chart-making-spirit!  Our powers combine and we had a growth-chart making party, just the motivation I needed.  I didn't finish that night, not even close, but the fire was lit and a week later we have this:
Victory!

2 comments:

Ashley Halsey said...

Love it! Now i HAVE to make one too!

Diane said...

So cute!! Did you use a computer? Are you going to write on it to mark their growth? You are so creative!