Boppa Tang: aka Grandma G. My nephew calls my mom Grandma Tang, Hazel used to call her Boppa - now she is stuck with Boppa Tang.
Weird? Yes.
For months Hazel has begged to go to "Boppa Tang's" house. Imagine her excitement when we told her Boppa Tang and Grampa were coming to HER house. My dad hasn't been out here since Hazel was born, and it's been a year since Mom came and played after I had Averett. We were so excited to have them come.
We decided to avoid the "touristy" things, and instead share a few of our favorite places.
Daddy's Work (or as close as we can get)
Hazel loves meeting Seth for lunch, there is a great little park near his office and it's perfect for picnic-ing.
(Let's stop for a minute, and mental note how stinkin' cute my mom is...okay, my dad is pretty handsome, too)
Brooms Bloom - of course.
(and lots of Ritas too)
The National Zoo
It was our first time going, it was awesome to see the orangutans out and about - they walk/hang around on cables 40 feet above the ground - (they will also poop on you if you don't watch out).
Hazel liked the orangutans...the zebras...the pandas...the elephants...I think she liked it all!
The Boardwalk
Dance Parties
Featuring: "Ring Around the Nosies"
(yes, Hazel's legs are not in her jammies - it's her "superhero")
Neighborhood Walks, Storytime with Boppa Tang & More Hanging Out
(also a complete garage-door-opener-overhaul - whoops!)
Yes, Mom and Dad, we loved having you.
Please come back...soon.
We like having you around.
As we drove away from the airport, I maintained my composure, however, Hazel burst into tears, "I fly in helicopter with Boppa Tang & Grampa! I go with them! Waaaah!"
(not sure that they flew home in a helicopter - but I do know Hazel really wanted to go with them!)











2 comments:
i'm glad they could come and visit! hazel is still coming to my house, right??? right????
Your posts make me want to come visit! You do so many fun things!!
Post a Comment