I am not quite sure how the Philadelphia ODDyssey Half Marathon went from this, shortly before 7am:
To this, shortly after 9am:
I think it may have had something to do with the high heat, ridiculously high humidity and my highly upset bowels. (Ahem. There were no bowel issues during the race, just near-death experiences in the days leading up to it...).
Okay, so technically, it really wasn't ALL bad.
It was a pretty run through Philly's Fairmount Park, there were fun challenges/games to play along the way, and people were dressed up.
(Adam & Eve definitely added a little excitement to the race!)
(Adam & Eve definitely added a little excitement to the race!)
Also, I had a friend, go Cathy!, and my cousin, woot woot Thaidra!, running the race, too.
Friendly faces are always a good thing.
I was ready for the race, just not today.
I really do like running half's, but really, when I reached the top of the hill at mile 13 (yes, there was an ugly UPhill between mile 12 and 13), I was just glad to know the finish was in sight.
I was d.o.n.e.
2:10:36
Looking forward to the next big race...Epic Cache-Teton Relay??
Small item of note:
My "highly upset"-near death-food poisoning-flu-like-want-to-die "bowels" did not cause that puddle at my feet on the steps.
Even if it makes Seth giggle.



5 comments:
Oh my goodnes--Adam and Eve. I don't even know what to say about that. Ha!
i giggled over the puddle too. adam and eve - wow. can't wait for august - even if it means we are going to DIE!
Wow! why do you look so stinkin beautiful while running a half marathon?! Not cool! :)
I love all of your posts. I can't believe your little man is a year old already! Your kiddos are so adorable!
Totally thought the puddle was a bladder malfunction. Love Adam and Eve - I dare you to do that in EPIC... now just convince Thaidra to come out and fill our last position in EPIC!
You are amazing!! Way to go!
Post a Comment