December 1, 2012

Caution - I May Puke

Let me start by saying, I have the best fan club.  BEST.  

Not only do they "let" me go running on the weekends, and at the crack of dawn, but they woke up at 4:30am to cheer their crazy mom on.  
And did I mention that it was a dreary, foggy, freezing morning?? 
Ah, the Annapolis Half Marathon 2012.

I ran this course last year, and loved it. 


Some people think I'm crazy for running while pregnant, but for me, it is therapy, peace of mind, quiet, much needed me-time.  I have progressively slowed down as the weeks add up, I came home from one long-training run a few weeks ago, and realized I had run 8.5 miles in the same amount of time that I had run 10 over the summer.  I'm not discouraged, I just sing "everyday I'm shufflin' shufflin'" as I run.  

It works.

I was worried about this race, I knew physically I would be okay, but I just didn't want to do anything to hurt the baby.

My shirt helped me make a lot of friends along the course, I may just wear it for every race, pregnant or not! 


The course is super hilly, but beautiful...although this year it was so foggy the view was not quite as spectacular.  Everytime I saw my little family along the course I would get overwhelmed (let's blame the pregnancy).  I was just so excited to see them, and grateful for their support. 

I was so excited to cross the finish line, again, I was just overwhelmed with gratitude - I had seriously been praying that I would be able to safely run this race, and not do anything stupid.  To be able to run the whole thing, and still feel relatively decent at the end was just awesome.  
(Just don't ask me to walk up or down any stairs, stand or sit...or move in general, my legs are a little sore!)


Annapolis Half Marathon
13.1 miles
2 hours 18 minutes (including a much-needed-pregnant-bladder break)
19+ weeks pregnant

I'm looking forward to the second half of my pregnancy being l.a.z.y!

No comments: