Thanks to our awesome-memory-card-fail, a lot of our fun December pictures died a technological death. Thankfully, a few memories were somewhat saved through the magic of phone pics.
This was our first year staying home for Christmas. I think Seth was worried I would feel a little Utah-homesick, so he attempted to fit as much in December as possible.
We kicked it off with our Christmas party - a blast.
We hunted down all the awesomely decorated houses in the county, and taught Hazel to say "Ho Ho Ho" every time she saw a decorated house (awesome). We went to the Inner Harbor to see the laser show at the Power Plant (here is where it would be really awesome to have NOT lost Seth's pictures...it was a cool show). On the way home we drove down "34th Street".
It is not the Christmas season without a stop at the Herr's Factory, to check out their lights.
Christmas Eve was awesome - we had a tasty dinner, and then put on one of the best nativities I have ever been a part of. (Once again, please visualize Hazel as a lamb, Mary, angel and maybe a wiseman...Averett as a "chicken", baby Jesus, and shepherd. Seth and I filled in the gaps and took turns reading the Christmas Story).
The kids wanted to sleep in Christmas morning, but Seth and I were too excited, and finally woke them up a little before 8.
I think everyone was excited about their presents, and Santa brought Hazel exactly what she's been asking for a "pillow pet dream lite (ladybug)".
Success.
After our traditional breakfast of waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, we headed to Seth's parents house for a delicious Christmas dinner and a little sledding.
Seth took the week off between Christmas and New Years, so we finished off the month/year with a "real" train ride.
Before Seth went back to work, Hazel was determined we go sledding.
With a serious lack of snow, it was up to Hazel and her snow dance to make it happen.
We woke up the next morning to...
NO SNOW!
But, thankfully, the storm was just an hour or two late, and by lunchtime we had "just enough" snow to sled on the hill in our backyard.
Way to go Hazel!
It was so fun having Seth home, I think I'm going to request he take a week off every few months!
















1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. :)
Post a Comment