August 31, 2013

Insta-gust

August went by very, very fast.  
That may or may not have had something to do with spending half of the month on vacation.


We had so much fun, we really want to go back!!

We enjoyed the last few days at the pool, and Hazel is already asking when it will open again.  Uh...


Hazel, is a doll.  She is fascinated with stories, and is always asking Seth and I to tell her stories about,  "when we were little... when we were big kids... when we were in school...".  I told her that I used to say to my mom, "yes, mommy-dear-I-love-you-so", conveniently, Hazel now says it to me. 

 Hazel still does quiet time each day, but she rarely naps.  This means we often find her passed out at night.  She is a great "little mother" to her brothers, and for the most part they don't mind following along.


Averett continues to keep me on my toes.  He is 100% boy.  He likes to "explore", which usually means he just likes to get into mischief.  He is my number one helper, as soon as I start to cook or bake in the kitchen he runs in to help.  I love it, and would probably love it more if he didn't insist on tasting ev.er.y.thing (including baking soda, flour, salt, sugar, etc). 


As sweet as he is, he does fall apart from time to time.  He usually puts his little head in his hands and sits down until he feels better.  
I try not to laugh.
His speech is getting better.  He is slowly adding words, and is so proud of himself when we know what he's talking about.  Fingers crossed our new communication will help with the melt-downs. 


I am just glad Pierson continues to survive "baby brother" status.
 

We love that we've had some cool days so we can meet Seth at work for lunch.  The kids still think it is awesome that he works at a playground :)


After our sweet victory in San Diego, we were excited to go to Mormon night at Camden Yards.  Sadly, our Orioles couldn't repeat a win for us. 


 And by far, my most favorite picture of the month.  
No, not Seth and me.  But Steven being attacked by Averett in the background :)  Photobombing at it's best.


No comments: