September 5, 2007
What? No power?
Well, I'm sure we weren't the only ones who witnessed the sweet storm that rushed through Tuesday night. Seth called me around 6 to tell me the power was out at our house. No big surprise, it goes out all the time. The salon is only a block away, so I was very relieved that it didn't go out there.. I was trying to finish a VERY picky client (Mom - love your business :) ). Just kidding, nice teeth by the way! Anyways, I got home around 7, and Seth was over at the church (apparently playing dodgeball in the dark) and so I made Mom stick around with me until he got home. There were branches down everywhere, considering our trees have NEVER been trimmed and they are huge, we just consider high winds to be "natural pruning"! When Seth got home, I had all these great ideas of things to do. Since it was pouring, lightening and thundering, I thought it would be a perfect night for soup. Oh. Stove. No power. Then, it seemed like it would be fun to watch a scary movie. Oh. TV. No power. Well, maybe I'll finally update our blog. Oh. Computer. Curse. No power. We eventually settled for reading by lantern-light (perfect timing for Seth's b-day gift). I am making Seth read Twilight with me, I have already read it, and am half-way through the second book, but I like to read with Seth, and I know he'll like it, even if it's not the most manly book! The power eventually came back on, sometime around 11. It was a fun night. Made me very glad for electricity, but also grateful for the quiet time Seth and I can spend together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Geri and Seth!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It does mean a lot... It is fun to be able to keep up with old friends through blogs. Technology is such a blessing! I used to go to Studio 9 to get my hair done by Holly Cemer, is she still there? You both are too cute! I will shoot ya an email when I come back to the states!
Hey, Geri, We are living in Arlington, about 10 minutes from the District. Next time you're out, we'd sure love to have you over!
P.S. your blogs are always fun to read. I hope to someday grow up and be as cool as you!
Seth's reading that vampire book? Ashley's read all of those books and really liked them.
Post a Comment