
Doug was set apart as an official misionary Tuesday night. Stake President Millet came over and visited a while and gave Doug some sound advice. Seth and I were able to spend Tuesday night at Mom & Dad's and we (Seth) helped Doug get everything packed. If Seth hadn't jumped in, I'm afraid Doug would still be staring at all of his stuff on top of the ping-pong table!

It was a lot of fun going to the Missionary Training Center with Elder Gaufin. It's amazing to me how many new missionaries there are every week. It's incredible. Doug will be at the MTC until after Christmas. Seth says that will be one of the biggest tests of his mission...surviving the MTC for 12 weeks.

I am so proud of Doug for choosing to go on a mission. The Stake President mentioned how stark and cold Hungary is. I couldn't help but think Doug was specially chosen to go there, because he has a warmth and energy about him that will bring a special light to the darkest of places. Two years is a long time, I am so excited for the experiences Doug will have, and the man he'll be when he returns.
If you want to stay up to date on the adventures of Elder Gaufin, check out the Elder Doug link!
1 comment:
I can't believe Doug is that old. Heather's husband Aaron went to Hungary on his mission too. And I loved the matching. Were you one of those girls in Junior High that would call her friend and arrange to match and then pretend that it happened on accident? Don't deny it Geri!
Post a Comment