It is official...we are moving to Maryland!Not a joke! Seth accepted a job offer with DSI, a company that does testing for the military. I don't know the details of the job, but he'll be using high-speed photography to document the testing of armor and weapons and such. (I really don't know exactly what they are testing, but it's something along those lines). He's pretty excited, he can't think of a better job...photography and explosives, does it get better? The job is in Aberdeen, MD; so we'll be in northern Maryland, close to Seth's grandparents and extended family. We are quite excited for the change of pace. We're big kids now!
I do have to admit that I have mixed feelings about leaving. I love being so close to my family and I really enjoy being "home-base" when our friends come to town. We absolutely love the friends we've made in our neighborhood, and it will be hard to say goodbye. I have started breaking the news to my clients, and I feel horrible each time! I didn't know they liked me so much!
The ol' U-Haul will be pulling out of Salt Lake a few days after Thanksgiving, and we will make the trek across the country. It's crazy to think we only have a little over 5 weeks left! Wild!
2 comments:
Wow! Congrats! I can't believe you're moving away. I'm sure there will be plenty of tearful goodbyes - there always is. It'll be an exciting adventure though. And what a fun drive across the country. We get to do that next spring when we head to Norfolk, VA. Let me know how it goes and if you have any pointers after.
You are BREAKING UP THE BAND! First Dougie - now YOU! What are we going to do without you?
Post a Comment