October 23, 2007

Packing: Week 1

Well...in an attempt to make the packing process more enjoyable for myself, I have decided to post pictures of our progress. Lame, I know. However, I know at some point I will look back and appreciate all of the time we have put into sorting through all of our stuff. Seth's mom was kind enough to send us all of his memories when we first got married. They showed up on the front porch in five giant boxes (huge, seriously). We have glanced through them, but never really sorted through the goods. We decided, before we lug the the boxes back to their homeland, we should probably consolidate. Ha, little did I know what we would find.
It was soon discovered that two of the boxes (did I mention they were big) were packed with swimming trophies. Tons of them! We sorted through all of those, and I thought we were done with swimming goodies, silly me. Upon opening the next box we discovered all of the plaques he's received from swimming. Then we came across a large garbage bag FULL of ribbons. Because we were curious and had nothing better to do we decided to count them up, and the tally goes:
  • 1st place: 104
  • 2nd place: 26
  • 3rd place: 28
  • 4th place: 6
  • 5th place: 8
  • 6th and up: 32
We also counted his medals:
  • Gold: 16
  • Silver: 3
  • Bronze: 4
  • Others: 11
Like I said, we were bored. So, because we didn't think it necessary to keep all the ribbons, we took this picture with Seth and his ribbons, he's thrilled. (I wish the picture did it justice, there were tons!) Seth wanted to throw all of them out, however, as a person who has probably never (honestly) won a blue ribbon in a sporting event, I told him he had to keep his blue ribbons for now...
This is what we've managed to pack in a week. Okay, so I know the table is kind of cheating, because it's been sitting in the basement for months, but hey, at least it's ready for the move.
Hopefully next week we'll have even more to show. We have filled the garbage can to the brim twice now, and I'm shooting for a third time this week. Ah, it feels so good to consolidate!

No comments: