Seth and I were able to attend a "W.O.W." swim meet. Mom H was kind enough to make sure that Seth's presence was announced over the PA - apparently, his records still stand in 6 events. (I'm glad the announcer told me, I had no idea. He's not one for bragging...but I will!) He was properly embarrassed .
Joanie- you are stinkin' awesome! And I love this picture of you.
Joan rocked the free, fly and breast stroke. She also kicked trash in the free relay.There was plenty of time between her events (have you been to a meet lately?) So we goofed off with the camera. Oh yeah, it was raining...again! I'm seeing a theme with the weekend.
I'm concerned...is Seth's record in danger? Nope.

There's "The Man" - kids (and parents) actually came up and introduced themselves and told Seth how much they looked up to him, I thought it was cute. Again, Seth was embarrassed. He's not one for attention.I love watching the little kids swim. I totally missed an awesome 6 and under freestyle race, couldn't get the camera out fast enough. So...for your viewing pleasure, enjoy the 8 and under breaststroke. I love the little kids bobbing heads, and the gasp for air. Ah, too funny.
I shouldn't laugh, they swim better than me!
4 comments:
I'm happy that someone else understands the joy of swim meets! Are they really swimming butterfly, or is that breaststroke?
Ok camera folk, my friend just introduced us to this hilarious site: www.jowlers.com. This kind of stuff is great for downtime when you've got a camera: waiting to be seated at a restaurant, waiting in line at amusement parks, waiting for swim meet events...
We've done another variety of "jowling" where you have the person basically blow raspberries while you snap the pic with the flash. The results are hilarious, especially if you get their teeth in it!! They've gotta flap those lips as much as they can.
Try it, it's hilarious :) (this is emily, BTW--seth's cousin luke's wife...)
Glad to know such a famous swimmer! Looks like sis is walking in his footsteps!
Wise Coach Diane, yes...I thought I had uploaded a different video. That is indeed the breast stroke, not the fly :)
Post a Comment