July 4, 2009

Day Four - Morning

More Mountains!
My bro-in-law, Phil, invited Seth along for some man-time on the mountain. Seth hasn't been out on his bike much since baby came along (he usually rides to work), so he was pretty excited to go mountain biking. Seth, Matt & Phil
Seth had so much fun, and only came back with a few minor scratches. I'm pretty sure there was more vertical climb in the first two miles than there is in all of Maryland. (I'm serious.) I have a sneaking suspicion that if Seth had started mountain biking before we made the move to Maryland, we'd still be in Utah! He was grinning all day (and walking tenderly!)
We are now on a mission to find some trails around us that we can explore...and get me a bike!

Note- I just checked the elevation of Maryland, highest point is 3360 feet above sea level...Seth was just shy of that in the climb, and peaked out somewhere close to 10,000 feet...I could totally be lying (pretty sure I'm not), but no one's around to verify for me!

No comments: