August 1, 2009

Beach Baby

Grandma and Grandpa H were headed to the beach for the week, I wanted to go so bad, by Thursday I couldn't contain myself any longer, so I grabbed my crocs, looked at Mom and Dad, and squealed with delight. (They must have understood because they packed up the car and off we went).We got to Ocean City sometime after dinner, Grandma and Grandpa told me we were just in time for ice cream at Dumsers. Yummy. We woke up bright and early (well, I got up early), and we headed to the beach. I was really nervous because it was really windy and cloudy. Dad told me that as long as it wasn't lightning Grandma and Grandpa would be at the beach. I was in the mood to just layout (under the umbrella), but Dad had a different idea...
Holy Poop! That water is cold. All I could say was, "Daaaaad! What are you doing to me???"Then Mom thought she'd give it a try, come on, Mom...I know how cold that water is!But she whispered some nice things in my ear and told me not to be afraid, so I figured I could put my feet in, and guess what...it wasn't so bad!
You wouldn't believe how exhausting 10 minutes in the ocean can be! It really pooped me out. Grandma was really nice and let me lounge on her.
Apparently Mom and Dad grabbed the camera while I was asleep. I couldn't believe they took a picture without me! The day turned out to be really nice, I saw Mom and Dad get some sun, I wouldn't know, they kept me covered. Guess I'll work on my tan another day.
(Or maybe not, Mom is shaking her head at me, right now). After our long day at the beach, we went back to Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa's place. And I just stared out at the pretty view all evening. Going to the beach must be special, because Mom and Dad let me sleep in their room. I was so excited, I just wanted to stay up and talk to them all night. They didn't want to talk. I woke up Saturday morning really tired, and possibly fussy. Mom walked around the docks and showed me all the boats. We picked out the ones we want. I really liked the 40' powerboat, Mom liked the waterski boats and well, Dad showed up just in time to tell us he likes the sailboats.
This weekend at the beach was too short, I'll have to let Mom and Dad know I want to come back.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Cute swimmie Ger! I love the family pics at the beach! Precious :)

Caitlin said...

I LOVE the beach. And I love your tan arms and white back, that how I look, too! Rock it, sista! Seriously, that's what we get for being hot, modest mama's. :)

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

Sweet post cute Hazel! I am glad mommy and daddy took you to the beach! What a fun adventure. I won't tell kate...she'll be jealous! You look so cute and I love hearing your updates! Give your mommy and daddy a hug for us! Bye Hazel!! :) Love you!!!

Dad said...

Yuck, do you have any idea where that toe has been! Cute blog Ger and the pictures and captions are super. Hey is that a better beach than we have at Utah Lake?