November 16, 2009

U t a h.

Why would we possibly want to go to Utah in November? It's too early to ski, and it's too late to waterski...what could it be??
Little Dougie is home from his LDS mission!!! Two years in Hungary and he's back! Praise be!

I had a hard time with this post. I didn't take very many pictures, and I'm not feeling creative. This is part-journal for me, so I'm afraid you're stuck with me being boring and just writing what happened.

Hazel was a rock-star on the flight, she really seems to like it! We were "upgraded" to a Grand Cherokee when it came time to rent. It is so small inside! Once the carseat was in, my knees were literally at the dashboard! Oh dear...I'm already digressing.

We were so excited to see my baby brother. When he opened the door I didn't even recognize him! Okay, that's an exaggeration, obviously I knew it was my brother, but he's grown up so much and just looked mature! Weird.
Since Seth wasn't going to be in Utah as long as me, we made sure to catch up with his siblings at BYU and some of our really good friends before he left. (By "really good," I mean the kind of friends you wish you could sneak into your carry-on baggage, because, really...you just want to be able to pull them out and laugh with them from time to time!). As always, Hazel was excited to see her uncle Eric, (of course, Seth was too) and I was glad to see his grizzly beard was gone.
I took one look at my sisters and realized why they had asked me to bring my hair stuff with me. Time for some Momma Ger magic. I miss doing their hair! They just have "good hair!" Thankfully we were able to get them looking H O T because we had tickets to SYTYCD! So much fun. Seth escorted us and we all had a blast! Somewhere in thereSeth had time to go golfing.

I guess whips are big in Hungary and Doug brought back whips for the boys...yes, loud, cracking, dangerous, give you a welt whips. I think he had a great time teaching Seth how to crack the whip, it is a lot harder than it looks. I haven't tried yet. I was usually too busy laughing at the spectacle! Doug's really good at it and it sounds like a gun-shot when it cracks. I told him I could make him a sweet costume and we could take this show on the road! He said no.
My sister took our family pictures and then later that day we had round 2 of family pictures with the whole famdamily. The pictures look great and we will have a much better Christmas card than last year! (That's what we get for printing at Walmart last year!)

It wasn't long before Seth had to fly back to Maryland (I guess someone needs to work!) and Hazel and I were on our own. We pretty much camped out at Karen's house and sewed up a storm. We are making quilts for Kellie's new baby and D. It was a lot of fun, Hazel loves hanging out with M & M. Hazel also was able to play with her little buddy, Kate. I was all for that, I needed a visit with Wein!
Doug was our special guest at our Sister Saturday, he shared pictures of Hungary and some tasty Hungarian food. He and I were able to hang out a fair amount, we went running in the mornings (he kicked my trash) and we went shopping (I kicked his trash)...Two years and several sizes smaller now...his wardrobe needed some help!

I was also able to hit up several of my favorite "Utah" stores and restaurants. Mmmm...Cafe Rio. I heart you.


I think that about wraps it up. I guess all I needed to write was:
Doug. Friends. Family dinners. Pictures. SYTYCD. Sister Saturday. Cafe Rio. Running. Golfing. Hair help. Whipping.
Something like that. It was so much fun!!

I had a great time, but it was sure nice to see Seth at the airport, we all know I love when he picks me up...showered, clean clothes and roses. Yes. I love him.

1 comment:

Anna Crowe said...

Geri, I ADORE your blog!

Guess what I found out... We're getting a CAFE RIO just 15 minutes south of us in a few months. In your words, "Praise Be!"