It's COLD Outside!
All week the weather-people were doom and gloom about the gigantic storm headed our way. I refused to believe it, they're usually wrong, right? So, Friday night, as I stood in line (for 45 minutes) at WalMart, I cursed all the frantic people, buying "essential supplies" to make it through the "horrendous snowstorm". All I wanted was a nice, calm grocery shopping experience.
I woke Saturday morning to the most glorious sight, large, white, fluffy snow, wait...look closer, it's POWDER! Sweet Glory, it was wonderful! I am positive that we were the only ones from our neighborhood that "dared" go out in the weather, Hello...do you have any idea who empty Target was? It was awesome! We even witnessed a girl with garbage bags tied over her boots, protecting her hot pink Uggs...wait, aren't they for winter weather? It was hilarious!
We ran our errands and hunkered down. At first we began with sweeping the snow, while at the store we picked up an actual snow shovel (hey, don't mock, we've never needed it before!) And before too long it was time for Hazel to experience the beauty that is powder.
Peach Pit's first big snowstorm went a little like this:
Dad would go out and sweep the snow away every hour.
I was able to work on a ton of Christmas crafty-crap, it was perfect. Pictures of those...well, uh...they're coming :)
1 comment:
How fun! I miss your cute little fam! I wish we could have been there to play in the snow with you!! stay warm.
Post a Comment