With the mountains of snow piled in our front yard (okay, technically it's finally melted), the flu-bug attack, home-improvement projects and sewing projects we were d o n e with being home. So, even though a giant storm was headed our way, where did we want to go? The beach, of course!
Hazel has gone back to her old-school "soothing" techniques.
pre-thumb.
pre-pacifier.
It's the toe...again!
We spent Friday inside, while the wind blew, the rains came down and the floods (or just the ocean) came up. And boy did it come up!
(for those that have been to the condo, you know the grass/reeds in the water out back? completely underwater. the water was up against the rocks, the pier by the park was pretty much covered)
Saturday we were still content to hang out, Seth and I are reading the Percy Jackson series and loved the endless time we could spend reading. Hazel l o v e d the giant checkers game and was completely entertained.
The rain let up Saturday afternoon and we headed to the beach. The waves were HUGE! Really, they were super big. (The pictures give them NO justice.) Hazel loved watching the BIG waves! (Can I say there were big one more time?)
Oh, did I mention the tide was coming in?
It was all the way up to the sand dunes. Crazy!
It was so nice to walk along the beach, even if we (and by "we" I mean "me") were running and screaming from the water every time a big wave came in.
Then we headed over to good ol' Dumsers (not to be confused with a dumpster) and had some dinner. Hazel opted for an alternative to dinner.
(I am not even going to begin to think how g r o s s that is, all I can say is I did wipe the table off with a wipe before she dug in)
Sunday we woke up to warm temperatures, even if the fog was so thick you couldn't see 20 feet in front of you. We made our way down to the boardwalk and enjoyed more beach, sand, ocean and fog!
Once the fog "lifted" we took a few pictures and it was time to clean up and head home.
(We're suckers for this girl!)
The weekend was awesome!!
NOTE: Some of you have asked if we saw the beached whale, but I'm afraid we missed it. Below are two articles, the first has two decent pictures. The second has an okay article. 11 tons and 31 feet. Sad!
2 pictures
Better article
4 comments:
I don't know about MiniB but her mom likes brown!
She is so cute! Hoss and I are reading the Percy Jackson series too! Almost all of the books have 10 holds at the library so it might take us a while.
How far are you guys from the Philly Mils? We are headed there on Saturday...
Ah, brown it is.
We borrowed all of the books from Seth's sister, thankfully. We've been tearing through them. Can't imagine having to wait for them at the library :(
We're not far (assuming an hour and a half isn't far), and we would love to get together with the entire Mil-clan. :)
The beach looks like a blast and Hazel is as cute as ever! Love ya!
Love that Hazel smile!
Post a Comment