April 22, 2010

The Wrap-Up...

Hazel and I had an awesome time in Utah.  It is hard living two thousand miles away, flights aren't cheap and schedules are hectic.  But I love seeing my family.  I love watching everyone ooh and ahh over Hazel and I love the way she laughs at her cousins and chases Cat (the cat I saved then left with my parents - ahh choo!).  I am sorry I didn't get to see a lot of my friends (and no, I really doubt I'll be there for the 10-year this summer) but  I am grateful for every second I got to spend with my family.  
I had a blast chasing my niece and nephews around, playing at the park, staying up way too late chatting and watching Lost (no, I'm not sucked in).  I got to do most of my favorite "Utah" things...Cafe Rio, Thanksgiving Point, Tai Pan, eating on Mom and Dad's deck (yard envy), Liberty Park, shakes with Dougie, DownEast, Cafe Rio, Nines, Joe Vera's, Hogle Zoo, the U of U...I think there were more, but I can't remember.  I didn't get to ski (lame) but I did enjoy my mountains.  
The Fam-Damily - bless the little waitress's heart - she cut out poor Hazel!
It was just nice.  I loved it, but as much as I love it my home is in Maryland, and nothing was sweeter than getting off that plane with Hazel and having Seth greet us with a big hug and fresh flowers.  Having our family together again just makes everything alright. 

1 comment:

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

I love that first picture...what a beautiful girl Hazel is! (obviously she has sweet genes! Way to go mom & dad!)