June 14, 2010

hands + plaster = disaster

At some point in Hazel's life she will ask us "where are MY baby handprints?". It seems that everyone has them. I would like her to know why her hands are missing... (unfortunately we needed "all hands on deck" while attempting to document) this would be the post-hand imprint situation.
The botched attempt didn't seem to bother Hazel, as she insisted on crawling into the sink to clean up. I don't know why she wanted to jump into the smaller basin, the other side of the sink would have felt like a jacuzzi compared to her cramped quarters! It was so funny watching her try to drink out of the sprayer.
I now understand why my little hands, nicely painted bronze, were made when I was 5!

We'll try again...later.

4 comments:

em said...

So funny! We did imprints for Hub's mom for Christmas...only we did feet because Rose was a genius and read somewhere that little kids just try to grab the cement if you use their hands. Feet worked...kinda. Some looked like alien feet, but oh well.

geri said...

Yes- we need to pick up some more plaster. I think we'll shoot for feet next time, or wait until she's super dozey. :)

Diane said...

We had a similar outcome when we tried to do handprints with ink. I guess I should have done it when he was younger. Oh well.

karen said...

i still have yet to do ink handprints of maddie. haven't even bothered with the plaster. figure that's what kindergarten teachers are for. :)