March 27, 2011

Grandpa Shumway

It's Seth, you don't here much from me because when Geri writes, people enjoy reading it.  When I write...not so much.

Yesterday we lost Grandpa Shumway.

He was a great man. When my time on this world is over if one of my loved ones were to say I was half the man Grandpa Shumway was, I will have lived a great life. He overcame challenges that would bring a normal man to his knees, and fall into despair. Grandpa stood up and married his love, and raised and supported a family of 8 kids. But, as I stated at the start of this post, I am not good with the written word so I will end with the way I am better at expressing myself, with my photographs.
Grandpa and Hazel
Grandpa, thank you for your legacy.

5 comments:

karen said...

That's beautiful Seth. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ashley said...

More meaningful than words! So amazing! Love you guys!!

Anna Crowe said...

<3 <3 <3

I lost my Grandma one year ago next week. She was an amazing woman and an even better Grandma. I'm glad you got those amazing photos of your Grandfather. Love and blessings to you.

kellie said...

You are great with words and photos - great tribute to a great man. We love you!

Dad said...

Seth-man -- we are saddened at losing your grandpa and our thoughts and hearts are with you. You did a wonderful tribute to him in the pictures and you are way good with writing too!