April 21, 2011

staying busy

I'm just hanging out waiting for baby to come.  

It's best if I keep busy.  

I made this fun little get-up for Hazel last night, to go with her Birthday Kitchen, I think the Easter Bunny is going to drop it off tonight (yes, we're celebrating early).  
I made it without a pattern (two thumbs up to me).  

I also whipped up an awesome nursing cover, a baby blanket for our newest niece and I've just about finished the binding on baby's quilt.  (The pictures stunk, I'll post them later). 

I fear that if left with any down-time, I may find myself on the stairs, holding Hazel, crying like a crazy mom, at the realization that Hazel's life is about to seriously change, and it won't be just "us" anymore. 
I mean...I might do that, not saying I did...an hour ago.

5 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

Love the apron.

If you need to get out you can come over here anytime. The house is a mess, and the kids are nuts, but we are home until Monday...so if you need a break, call.

melissa said...

Geri you are for sure the cutest. I know how your thinking. Ever time I think of a younger sibling for Aedin I also get sad of the thoughts of our fewer alone times. But thattime will be used building bonds with the younger brother. It will be so much fun! And yes the apron is adorable! Best of wishes comming up!

karen said...

you could whip something up for me. say a cute skirt or dress or something like that or just send me more of those crazy blogs that get me into trouble like you like to do so much of the time. love you. it's really stormy so maybe that will help you out there. you know, just trying to help (or not!) love ya.

Unknown said...

thigs will seriously change but you will be amazed at how soon you realize you would always remember but never go back. i am soo excited for you and your growing family! i love you guys!! good luck with everything and please let me come help you take a break and i can play with baby. ;-)
ps. you are too creative. it makes us other moms look bad....

Jennilyn said...

My parents were driving to grandparent's home to show off their new baby. I was in the back seat with her, newborn. The baby started crying. My mom turned around, and found me scribbling on Deb's head with a blue ball point pen. (She was kind of bald). They tried to wash it off, but it just turned her head bright red, with blue streaks. We are great friends today...