May 29, 2011

sunday secret

We will now add one more song to the NotAroundMom list at our house.

In The Hollow of Thy Hand

I can't.  Nope.  I love it. 

Two brothers sang it during church today, one just returned from a mission and the other leaves soon.  They did a very nice job.

But seriously?  Have you listened to that song??

I was holding the Little Man, and listening to that dern song, and thinking how fast he'll grow up. 

He might as well be turning 19 tomorrow. 

I may have gotten a little teary.

Then I remembered that I still have nineteen years. 
It will go fast, but it will be fun - how could it not be with these two??
Then, just to lift my woe-is-me-my-baby-will-grow-up-fly-the-coop mood, I learned in primary that in the song, Praise to the Man ... "The Man" apparently "confused with Jehovah."  (In case that is not funny to you, the actual words would be "Praise to the Man, who communed with Jehovah").  

It is also possible that the Reverence Jar* fuzzy balls were blessed during the opening prayer, "...please bless the fuzzy balls that they will be in our jars, and that we won't have any fuzzies taken out, so that we will be reverent..." (something to that effect). 

The Primary President may or may not have been holding back a little laugh during the prayer. 

Oh, and Seth has been humming In The Hollow of Thy Hand ALL afternoon.  He is clearly very concerned with my little tender emotions, I think it's his attempt at making me tougher.  

*each class has a Reverence Jar - we put little fuzzy balls in them when they are being reverent and take them out when they are not so reverent.  There class gets a treat once their jar is filled.

3 comments:

karen said...

i'm glad someone else was laughing during the sharing time prayer today. the boy who said the prayer in our ward blessed everyone that they would be good about 25 times in about 13 different ways. it was hysterical. i almost had to put my head on my lap to keep from laughing out loud. aren't presidency members mature?

Tiffany Rueckert said...

I miss primary for those reasons!!

Oh, I just know these emotions. When Iw as at youth conference a young man was standing and giving a devotional and he had these skinny little hairy legs. I thought -- OH NO! My boys are going to have little hairy legs one day!

and then I kind of thought --- ew.

I don't like the thought of my boys growing up and getting hair and having voices change. No no no. PLEASE don't grow up little men!

Cute pants Averett :)

kellie said...

I am so with you. The "kid-isms" are the best. The "moments" are the worst - but make you cherish the now.