July 4, 2012

The 4th Festivus

The 4th is my favorite holiday.  
I love it.
I love fireworks, bbq-ing and playing in the water (preferably boating, but these days we settle for the pool).   :)

This year, we started the celebrating a few days early. We headed "across the bridge" with our friends, for prime viewing seats - the fireworks are beautiful across the water. 

Hazel and our sweet, neighbor Cora ... (and yes, my arm is glistening...that is layers and layers of bug spray, the bugs here are the size of small rodents.  I swear).

As lovely as my awesome phone-pic is...this is a perfect example of why we leave the official picture-taking to Seth:
 

Oh, and please, just one more over the water:


The 4th is also blueberry-picking season, and Averett was an awesome helper, until he pulled an Urkel "I've fallen and I can't get up!"


And of course, pool time with some of our most favorite kids e.v.e.r:
 

On the 3rd, our friends invited us (or did we invite ourselves, hmmm...) over to their house to watch the stadium fireworks.  It seriously seems like it is right across the street, so we toasted some s'mores and enjoyed the view.  

 
 Finally, on the 4th, we headed to the church for a patriotic celebration, but we bailed before the water games.  (We didn't want to intimidate anyone with our mad-water-soaking skills).

We headed down to Seth's parents' house to spend the day at their pool, which of course, the kids l.o.v.e.d!


We ended the day with a BBQ, but skipped out before another set of fireworks, they kids were a little pooped.


Hope your 4th was lots of fun, THANK YOU to everyone who made ours so enjoyable!

1 comment:

karen said...

happy 4th! looks like you had several fun days of celebrating. oh, and your phone pic of the fireworks is pretty much a tie with seth's as far as quality goes. ;)