October 31, 2012

Boo!

 For a solid year, Hazel has been telling me she wants to be a lamb for Halloween, and she wants Averett to be a duck.  I did my mom-duty, and reminded her that that is exactly what they wore last year, but she had no interest in changing. 
 (Relief to me, as I really didn't want to make new costumes this year!)

They have worn their costumes off and on the past year.  
Making sure they fit.


We kicked off our festivities with a Boppa Tang Halloween box (if you can't be there to party with my mom, she'll send the party to you).


We put a skeleton back together, made Halloween shirts, raced creepy crawlers and played a witch hat ring-toss.  (We used her pumpkin decorating stickers later).  Thanks Mom, for the fun!!

We did a test-run of our costumes at the church's Trunk or Treat. 


Success!!  (We were the Old MacDonald family again, so Seth and I were "farmers").

We paused in our celebrating to hunker down for Hurricane Sandy.


But, figured we might as well carve pumpkins while cooped up inside.


Hazel wanted us to carve our pumpkins to look like the little ones...um, we did our best.

The storm finally passed, and we had a feast on Halloween, followed by some awesome trick or treating.


 Considering I couldn't even snap Averett's costume between his legs, I have a feeling I won't be able to re-use the costumes for a third time, next year - better start planning now!

No comments: