Another must for our San Diego-ans was a visit to Amish Country.
We started off the morning at the Shady Maple Smorgasborg - oh, sweet, food!
Then, we swung by a dairy farm - they had a little shop with a drive-thru! You could just drive up and grab your milk and eggs. We saw suburbans and buggies "drive-thru".
I was jealous - I wish I could do all my grocery shopping "drive-thru" style.
Last of all, we toured an Amish home and farm. We learned a lot more about the Amish.
I think the tour guide was expecting us to be a little more shocked by some of the facts, for example...their church leaders are not paid, their Sunday services can last several hours, etc.
We weren't blown away by that!
(We didn't see any Amish Mafia members).
Oh, I love these cute little cousins!




No comments:
Post a Comment