My baby girl is trying to grow up!
For her birthday, she and I had a "Girls' Day". We have been talking about it for several days, and it was so fun to just hang out with her.
We started the day off at the nail salon, for some hot pink nails, then it was off for a bite to eat. We were in a booth, and Hazel insisted on sitting next to me, I tried a few times to get her to sit across from me, but she wanted to sit right-next-to-me. I thought it was funny at first, but then I got a little emotional (pregnant) when I realized she probably won't want to sit so close to me forever! I loved having her right next to me.
After our lunch we did a little shopping before picking up a tasty cupcake and heading home.
While we were gone, Dad helped Averett put Hazel's "big girl" bed together. She's been looking forward to the new bed.
We kept things simple this year, and Great-Grandpa, Grandpa & Aunt Joanie joined us for dinner. Three of Hazel's most favorite people. Hazel gave me the best compliment when she told me the cake I had made was "perfect!".
She loved the cake, but thought our singing was pretty funny!
I could not imagine life without Hazel, she is the sweetest, kindest, ball of energy. Her laugh is contagious, and her smile always makes me smile. I never know what she'll say next, but nine times out of ten it will probably make me laugh. I love her little guts, and love the little girl she is becoming.
Love you, little girl!









2 comments:
How does FOUR years just cruise past us like that?!! I have been in awe of that all week. We aren't aging, right? Just them. We're still in college.......right??..eh. What a sweet girl you studly parents are raising. Give miss Hazel from love from us!
She's getting so grown up!! It's crazy!!!
Post a Comment