The Peach Pit is officially a girl. We visited the perinatologist today, and she assured us that all the bones, organs, blood and brains are as they should be. It was incredible to watch her moving all around, kicking, waving and squirming all over. It's still a little surreal to me! It was neat watching everything be checked and measured, and then the wild news that we are having a girl!
Not the greatest picture...but she's waving at the camera! (Okay, so it might look like she only has three fingers, but there's really five on each hand...I counted...twice.)
She totally has my nose and Seth's eyes...or something like that!
The big question, are those the legs of a runner or a swimmer. Time will tell.
When they doctor told us it was a girl, we both just started grinning stupidly. When the doctor left the room, I realized Seth's grin had been replaced with panic. I think it had sunk in, he looked at me with a stunned face and said, "Ribbons? Bows? Dancing? Girl Stuff? ...PINK??!" He took a deep breath, and then looked at me and said, "Ger, I don't know the first thing about girls!" I am not worried in the least bit, she'll be a Daddy's Girl, and he'll be the perfect Dad.
(PS- Samantha, we'll be counting on "Aunt Sam" to help us out if she wants to get into dance!)
When they doctor told us it was a girl, we both just started grinning stupidly. When the doctor left the room, I realized Seth's grin had been replaced with panic. I think it had sunk in, he looked at me with a stunned face and said, "Ribbons? Bows? Dancing? Girl Stuff? ...PINK??!" He took a deep breath, and then looked at me and said, "Ger, I don't know the first thing about girls!" I am not worried in the least bit, she'll be a Daddy's Girl, and he'll be the perfect Dad.
(PS- Samantha, we'll be counting on "Aunt Sam" to help us out if she wants to get into dance!)
19 comments:
Congratulations! Seth no worries! Girls are so much fun! If she's too girlie just dress up in some boys clothes! :) We hope all is going well with you both!
YEAH! Girls rule!! We are so excited for you guys!! And we can't wait to meet her!
Congrats for shizzle! You guys are so cute, I can't wait to see the little one. I hope you are feeling well Ger! :) Yeah for a little girl!!
Stinky Seth... you will be just fine! Just start practicing your Ken voices now so you will be prepared... CONGRATS!! I am so excited to be an Aunt! This little one is going to be spoiled I think... good luck with that :) Love you guys!
Congrats! Seth, I haven't seen Joanie in a few years, but I bet she would have some interesting advice about raising a girl...
Oh my gosh Geri...it is Marinda Bramwell.... I don't know if you remember me or if this totally creeps you out. I found you through JEssica's blog. It has been so long. YOu look awesome! COngrats on the baby girl. I hope we can be blogging friends....
I think Seth and I are on the same wavelength...and I've been a girl my whole life! Congrats guys!! She's going to be freakin adorable!
Yahoo for little girls! They're the best! Congrats!
She's beautiful! I knew it would be a girl. She'll look pretty cute in those little shoes. ;) Can't wait to see her (and you guys!!)
It will be so fun to have another girl in the family! A girl was really all that made sense for you - I couldn't have pictured it any other way. Hooray!
I'm glad a girl made sense to everyone but Seth and I! We don't know the first thing about girls! It will be an awesome adventure, we wouldn't trade her for anything, and she's not even here yet!
Congratulations, so exciting! I am jealous, I love all the cute girl stuff.
Congrats Geri. It really is so amazing to see this tiny little person moving around inside of you. I hope you are feeling better :)
Yeah for a little girl!! I am sad that you aren't closer, our little girls would be such cute little buddies!! We are so excited for you!!!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you!
Congratulations!! Does she have a name yet? I hope we have a little girl someday, right now it's all boys!!
Aunt Sam will always be there, for dance or for anything!! I am so happy I can't even express it! I actually started tearing up while I read this post, you are going to be great parents!!!
Congratulations! Girls are fun. They are a handful, at least mine is, but so fun!!
Those are some pretty good pictures! She is a model already.
It always amazed me how much they moved and how little of it I felt.
Another friend to buy pink stuff for!
You two are going to have really cute kids. Just a sneaking suspicion.
Post a Comment